About This Book
- Learn how Behavior-driven improvement can help to put in writing software program that's extra modular and has much less defects.
- Avoid universal errors in checking out, simplify your try suites, and lead them to extra maintainable utilizing a really pragmatic method of BDD.
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Understand the fundamental suggestions of BDD and the way it really is diversified from vintage unit testing
- Divide your approach into assorted modules that may be established individually, yet whilst now not falling into the catch of unit testing
- Use Mocha, Sinon.JS, and Chai to write down expressive BDD features
- Implement Cucumber.js to automate exams written in Gherkin in order that your stakeholders can comprehend them
- Discover how one can try out asynchronous structures, both in accordance with callbacks or promises
- Test a RESTful internet API and a wealthy UI utilizing WebDriverJS and Protractor
- Refactor and continue your try out code base maintainable utilizing top practices and styles resembling PageObject
This e-book will allow you to do BDD in a pragmatic approach. we'll begin with a simple creation of what BDD is and why the classical method of trying out has failed. Afterwards, we'll dive at once into an creation to Node.js, Mocha, and Sinon.JS. eventually, we'll disguise extra complicated matters equivalent to how one can write a quick and powerful try suite for a RESTful net API, and the way to do a similar with a wealthy UI utilizing Cucumber.js and Protractor.
This e-book provides you with nice perception into tips to architect your process to make it extra testable and modular, yet even as stay away from the nightmare of abusing mock objects.
Similar Programming books
SQL for Smarties was once hailed because the first publication dedicated explicitly to the complex strategies had to rework an skilled SQL programmer into a professional. Now, 10 years later and within the 3rd variation, this vintage nonetheless reigns very best because the ebook written by way of an SQL grasp that teaches destiny SQL masters.
Not only one other theory-heavy electronic sign processing publication, nor one other uninteresting build-a-generic-database programming e-book, Designing Audio influence Plug-Ins in C++ offers every thing you every thing you must comprehend to do exactly that, together with totally labored, downloadable code for dozens audio impact plug-ins and virtually provided algorithms.
“Every C++ specialist wishes a replica of potent C++. it really is an absolute must-read for a person contemplating doing severe C++ improvement. If you’ve by no means learn powerful C++ and also you imagine you recognize every thing approximately C++, reconsider. ”— Steve Schirripa, software program Engineer, Google “C++ and the C++ neighborhood have grown up within the final fifteen years, and the 3rd version of powerful C++ displays this.
“Next time a few child exhibits up at my door inquiring for a code assessment, this is often the booklet that i'm going to throw at him. ” –Aaron Hillegass, founding father of substantial Nerd Ranch, Inc. , and writer of Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X Unlocking the secrets and techniques of Cocoa and Its Object-Oriented Frameworks Mac and iPhone builders are usually crushed through the breadth and class of the Cocoa frameworks.
- Redis Essentials
- The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference (2nd Edition)
- Embedded Android: Porting, Extending, and Customizing
- Real-Time C++: Efficient Object-Oriented and Template Microcontroller Programming