By Matt Neuburg
Start development apps for iOS eight with Apple’s speedy programming language. If you’re grounded within the fundamentals of Xcode and the Cocoa framework, this booklet offers a established rationalization of all crucial real-world iOS app parts. via deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll the best way to create perspectives, control view controllers, and use iOS frameworks for including positive factors reminiscent of audio and video, entry to person calendars and pictures, and monitoring the device’s location.
Example code is on the market on GitHub within the kind of complete tasks so you might obtain, research, and run.
- Build iOS apps with Swift
- Create, organize, draw, layer, and animate perspectives that reply to touch
- Use view controllers to control a number of displays in a fashion that’s comprehensible to users
- Explore UIKit interface gadgets, equivalent to scroll perspectives, desk perspectives, popovers, net perspectives, and maps
- Work with Cocoa frameworks for sensors, situation, sound, and video
- Access consumer libraries: song, pictures, deal with publication, and calendar
- Examine extra subject matters together with facts garage, dossier sharing, networking, and threading
Topics new to iOS eight include:
- Major alterations in app coordinate area and interface rotation
- Trait collections and dimension classes
- View margins, visible impact perspectives, and significant animation changes
- Changes to provided view controllers, popovers and cut up view controllers, alert and motion sheet architecture
- Table view computerized variable row heights and sliding cells
- Classes for seek effects reveal, net view, visual display unit, and audio blending and effects
- Today extensions, activities extensions, picture modifying extensions
- Xcode 6 good points: conditional constraints, view debugging, designable perspectives, inspectable homes, new segue types
Quick preview of Programming iOS 8: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks PDF
Best Programming books
SQL for Smarties was once hailed because the first ebook committed explicitly to the complicated options had to remodel an skilled SQL programmer into knowledgeable. Now, 10 years later and within the 3rd version, this vintage nonetheless reigns preferrred because the publication written by way of an SQL grasp that teaches destiny SQL masters.
Not only one other theory-heavy electronic sign processing publication, nor one other boring build-a-generic-database programming e-book, Designing Audio impression Plug-Ins in C++ provides every thing you every little thing you want to recognize to do exactly that, together with absolutely labored, downloadable code for dozens audio influence plug-ins and virtually awarded algorithms.
“Every C++ expert wishes a replica of powerful C++. it's an absolute must-read for an individual contemplating doing severe C++ improvement. If you’ve by no means learn potent C++ and also you imagine you recognize every little thing approximately C++, reassess. ”— Steve Schirripa, software program Engineer, Google “C++ and the C++ group have grown up within the final fifteen years, and the 3rd variation of powerful C++ displays this.
“Next time a few child indicates up at my door soliciting for a code overview, this can be the ebook that i'm going to throw at him. ” –Aaron Hillegass, founding father of vast Nerd Ranch, Inc. , and writer of Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X Unlocking the secrets and techniques of Cocoa and Its Object-Oriented Frameworks Mac and iPhone builders are usually beaten by means of the breadth and class of the Cocoa frameworks.
- Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X (2nd Edition)
- Design Patterns in Ruby (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Programming iOS 9: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
- Backbone.js Blueprints
- Flow-Based Programming: A New Approach To Application Development (2nd Edition)
- Scala for the Impatient
Additional resources for Programming iOS 8: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks
Zero, mars. dimension. width / four. zero ), resizingMode: . Stretch) Figure 2-4. Stretching the internal of Mars a typical stretching procedure is to make virtually part the unique photo function a cap inset, leaving only a pixel or within the middle to fill the total inside of the ensuing snapshot (Figure 2-5): permit marsTiled = mars. resizableImageWithCapInsets( UIEdgeInsetsMake( mars. dimension. top / 2. zero - 1, mars. dimension. width / 2. zero - 1, mars. dimension. peak / 2. zero - 1, mars. dimension. width / 2. zero - 1 ), resizingMode: . Stretch) Figure 2-5. Stretching a couple of pixels on the inside of Mars you'll want to additionally scan with various scaling contentMode settings. within the previous instance, if the picture view’s contentMode is . ScaleAspectFill, and if the picture view’s clipsToBounds is right, we get a kind of gradient impression, as the best and backside of the stretched photo are open air the picture view and aren’t drawn (Figure 2-6). Figure 2-6. Mars, stretched and clipped however, you could configure a resizable photograph with out code, within the project’s asset catalog. it's always the case specific photograph might be utilized in your app mainly as a resizable picture, and continuously with a similar capInsets: and resizingMode:, so it is sensible to configure this photograph as soon as instead of having to copy an analogous code. or even if a picture is configured within the asset catalog to be resizable, it may possibly look on your interface as a regular snapshot in addition — for instance, when you use it to initialize a picture view, or assign it to a picture view less than autolayout, or if the picture view doesn’t scale its photograph (it has a contentMode of . heart, for example). To configure a picture in an asset catalog as a resizable photo, decide on the picture and, within the cutting portion of the Attributes inspector, swap the Slices pop-up menu to Horizontal, Vertical, or Horizontal and Vertical. in case you do that, extra interface looks. you could specify the resizingMode with one other pop-up menu. you could paintings numerically, or click on exhibit cutting on the reduce correct of the canvas and paintings graphically. The graphical editor is zoomable, so zoom in to paintings very easily. the explanation this option is named cutting and never Resizing is that it may do greater than resizableImageWithCapInsets:resizingMode: can do: it enables you to specify the tip caps individually from the tiled or stretched quarter, with the remainder of the picture being sliced out. The that means of your settings is intuitively transparent from the graphical cutting editor. In Figure 2-7, for instance, the darkish components on the best left, most sensible correct, backside left, and backside correct could be drawn as is. The slender bands may be stretched, and the small rectangle on the best middle should be stretched to fill many of the inside. however the remainder of the picture, the big crucial region lined through a kind of gauze curtain, should be passed over completely. the result's proven in Figure 2-8. Figure 2-7. Mars, sliced within the asset catalog Figure 2-8. Mars, sliced and stretched snapshot Rendering Mode numerous areas in an iOS app’s interface instantly deal with a picture as a transparency masks, sometimes called a template.